Page 1 of 9
- Establish nursery/pre-unit facility in every primary school. CDF committees should be asked to facilitate this.
- Ensure availability of qualified staff in appropriate ratio to the pupils.
- Streamline staff enumeration system.
- Establish one school for pupils with special needs in the district.
- Establish one college specializing in early childhood development in the district.
- Target high performance in KCPE.
- Ensure ALL children of school going age do actually go to school.
- Target the provision of QUALITY education in all schools (academics, co-curricula).
- Identify two primary schools in each administrative division to promote and develop as centers of excellence.
- Encourage primary schools to initiate income generating activities and expense saving projects (poultry, dairy cows).
- Development of education infrastructure (classrooms, labs, workshops, etc).
- Facilitate PTA at division and district level with credible members.
- Introduce competitive reward system in schools for best overall student per class, KCPE, most improved student, best teacher etc.
- Introduce different categories of competitive trophies in academics and co-curriculum (Best overall student boy/girl; best student by subject; best teacher by performance, best school in event/national examinations etc.
- Lobby for sponsors of all the pupils admitted to national and special schools.
- Try to ensure that all the genuinely needy pupils have access to bursary.
- Encourage/assist teachers to join KNEC as examiners.
- Encourage/assist teachers to join KIE forums.
- Ensure each school has electricity, water and ICT labs.