Facilitate establishment of public and private community centers (destitute children’s home, home for the aged) – can be done in collaboration with NGO’s such as SOS or religious sponsors (churches, mosques, etc.)
- Target building of one social hall per administrative sub location, which shall also be used as adult classroom.
- Facilitate value recreation events for adults (scheduled competitive events such as sport and athletic tournaments)
- Facilitate cultural events.
- Facilitate establishment of welfare societies and target one welfare society per sub location.
- Assist in development of fundable proposals to access government sponsored initiative. E.g. youth, women and such other funds.
- Target reduction of school drop – outing, idleness, drug and alcohol abuse, and related vices such as under age prostitution.
- Target development of religious foundation and infrastructure.
- Facilitate/assist in identification of value community projects.
- Identify job opportunities in self employment, public and private sector and facilitate/assist school graduates and others to gainful employment or self employment.
- Identify job opportunities in public sector and assist in actualizing the same.
- Establish valuable and viable CBO per village.
- Lobby and facilitate establishment of government agencies e.g. Museum, research stations, police stations/posts, prison, ASK show/trade fair, etc in the district.
- Facilitate NGO specifically for community development.
1. CULTURE AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
2. YOUTH & SPORTS DEPT.
5. INSURANCE TEAM
6. CHILDREN DEPT.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SUB COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
10. SOME SELECTED SELF HELP GROUP LEADERS/CBOs
1. Meet individual stakeholders
2. Meet all stakeholders combined.
3. Identify target groups
4. Identify supportive infrastructure
5. Develop implementation strategies.
6. Start implementation.
THE TARGET GROUPS
3. Vulnerable/marginalized groups
4. The Aged Group
5. General community
Development of youth through the school system has already been addressed exhaustively under education.
Youth shall be directed or assisted to achieve formal or informal employment for self reliance and sustainability.
All youth in the district upon leaving their training institutions shall enroll with this society and deposit their CVs with the administrator of the society.
The society shall assist in identifying the relevant employment outlets available that correspond to their training.
This involves self employment .its the Juakali employment. The individual must be physically and psychologically prepared to participate in it. They must be certain what they want to venture in.
The society offers to assist as follows;
1. Contact particular institutions for facilitation on;-
a. Business management
b. Finance management
c. Personnel administration
d. Saving and investment
e. General entrepreneurship
2. Contact particular government or non governmental organizations to train the particular youth on
a. Tree planting & large scale tree nursery establishment.
b. Poultry farming
c. Fish farming
d. Bee keeping
e. Any other venture
3. Contact particular individuals to train particular youth in;
a. Music and choir performance
c. Poetry writing and reciting
d. Fine art and design
e. Sports and athletics
4. Any other venture that may prove valuable.
This group should be assisted, cared and maintained to retain their dignity and esteem in their ‘sunset’ years as follows;
a. Make a follow up on the government promise of giving allowance to the elderly persons and ensure a clear register of all those who meet the requirement in our district.
b. Organize affordable and descent healthcare. The society shall endeavor to lobby for sponsors to facilitate this.
c. Organize and facilitate recreational activities for them
d. Where attention is difficult to attain at their homes, effort shall be made towards construction of homes for them and professional caretakers assigned to them.
The stakeholders shall establish the criteria and qualification for this assistance.
VULNERABLE AND MARGINALISED GROUPS
The society intents to keep a clear record of these members and group them according to needs. Appropriate attention will be accorded to the various groups. Appropriate facilitators shall be sought with regard to particular groups for the necessary attention
WOMEN & GENERAL COMMUNITY
Women in the community represent the lowest economic cadre, characterized by low education and some little income or none of both. They thrive on traditional stereotype activities to survive. This group being the majority, they represent the true income per capita in the community. It is the reference group in the community.
It is worth noting that if this group is developed to wealthy status, that community shall be regarded as wealthy. Also if this group is advanced in education, health, agriculture or any other social economic development, the particular community shall be safely regarded as adequate in the said developments.
Incidentally this group in particular is very cooperative and malleable to suit any development initiative prescribed to them as individual or groups.
The society targets this group to achieve the following;-
i. Rejuvenating already existing groups to reorganize themselves in doing whatever they’ve been doing but to a commercial scale so as to start earning from their activities.
ii. Encourage group formation for those not already in any. The group should address common interest.
iii. The group should be prepared to make use of the resources available to adequately address their basic needs such as food, education and health.
iv. Prepare self help groups to develop to CBOs and eventually NGOs with capacity to undertake wider objectives on a wider scale.
v. The group should be prepared through education, exposure and experience (training) to improve their living standards in various ways as they may find appropriate under various circumstances e.g.
a. Train in appropriate agricultural practices for food security and wealth creation.
b. Massive enrollment with NHIF to address their health needs.
c. Contribute towards education.
d. Contribute towards appropriate burial schemes.
e. Train in practices that enhance maintenance of law and order.
f. Any other ventures that seem to improve the general standard of life in the community.
LONG TERM PROJECTS
1. Well equipped, modern library.
2. Well maintained, spacious affordable cyber cafes in every sub location.
3. Good, standard community centre for children and the elderly persons.
4. One social hall in every sub location.
5. Complete equipment for sports, athletics etc.
6. One community cinema.
7. One Museum.
8. One agricultural/business show ground for agricultural and trade fares.